Donna S. Jones, RN
1864 Gordon Manor NE Atlanta, GA 30307 (404) 290-2733 Donna@DSJandAssociates.com
Areas of Expertise
- Clinical Expertise: Critical Care, Ventilator Patients, Cardiac ICU, Respiratory ICU, Neurological ICU, Medical Surgical Nursing, , Progressive Care Unit (PCU),
- Management Expertise: Able to appropriately determine priorities and function independently.
Hospital Corporation of America
Eastside Medical Center: Snellville, GA 2007 – Present
Northlake Medical Center: Tucker, GA 1997 – 2006:
- Intensive Care Unit, Progressive Care Unit, Medical Surgical Staff Nurse providing day-to-day care of high acuity patients.
Code Blue: Melbourne, Australia 1996 – 1997:
- Intensive Care Units: Staff Nurse providing day-to-day care of high acuity patients in several different hospitals in Melbourne, Victoria.
Ambulatory Services of America: Atlanta, GA 1985 – 1990:
- Director: Home Healthcare IV Therapy, Managed a staff of Nurses providing IV Therapy to home patients.
American Health Consultants: Atlanta, GA 1979 – 1981:
- Editor, Hospital Peer Review Newsletter
Piedmont Hospital: Atlanta, GA 1975 – 1995:
- Staff Nurse: Med/Surg, Orthopedics, Respiratory and Medical/Surgical Intensive Care, Neurological Intensive Care, Cardiovascular Intensive Care. Provided day-to-day care in all areas as a float nurse.
Emory University Department of Medicine/Infectious Diseases: Atlanta, GA 1975 – 1979:
- Research Nurse: Provided assistance to physicians researching different antibiotics and the effects regarding electrolyte imbalance and efficacy of specific antibiotics.
Grady Hospital: Atlanta, GA 1974-1975:
- Staff nurse: Oncology. Provided day-to-day care for patients on a research oncology unit.
West Virginia University Medical Center: 1973-1974
- Staff Nurse: Surgical floor: Provided day-to-day care for patients on a post-operative surgical unit.
Fairmont State University: Fairmont WV: Associate Science Nursing
Georgia State University: Atlanta, GA: Bachelor Arts Communication
CONTINUING EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATIONS:
Basic Life Support; Advanced Cardiac Life Support; Sepsis Continuum; Care of Patients with Cardiovascular Disorders; Care of the Critically Ill; Moderate Sedation; Certificate for Nurse Life Care Planning; NIH Stroke Scale, Stroke Management;
Georgia Registered Nurse
- Developed a CD in PDF format of a Medical Data Kit to help individuals document and maintain their Individualized Medical Records.
- Interviewed twice on the radio program “Nurse View”, a program for Nurses by Nurses for Nurses regarding issues and opportunities in the nursing field.
- Guest Speaker on an hour-long web seminar for the Institute for Paralegal
- Education (IPE) in regard to obtaining and reviewing medical records.
- Seminar speaker at Alive Expo at the World Congress Center focusing on “Maintaining Your Health Care”.
- Guest Lecturer for the National Business Institute on “Anatomy & Physiology for Attorneys”.
References Available Upon Request